Friday, June 15, 2012

A cortizone experiment.

After writing my Flaky (and/or itchy) scalp causes and treatments entry I have decided to try cortizone on my scalp to see if it will (more) permanently fix my outbreak (for longer than from one wash to the other). In the directions it says that it helps with: dry skin, allergies, eczema, psoriasis, and seborrheic dermatitis. All of those are possible causes of itchy/flaky scalp so I figured it covers all my bases.

From the instructions it says to use no more than 3-4 times a day and consult a doctor if it doesn't go away after 7 days. I plan to apply cortizone to my scalp 3-4 times a day, every day for one week, then 1-2 times a day for another week. I want to use it for longer than the recommended 1 week because I had a psoriasis outbreak on my elbows which took more than a week to clear up with cortizone. I specifically waited for my elbow to heal in order to see how long I need to use it to get full results.

I have decided to take this route after using Lotrimin Ultra twice a day for one week and not seeing any great results. I'm starting to think that my issue is not fungal and I might be dealing with psoriasis. If I am correct and this is psoriasis, then I could treat this outbreak that I've been dealing with for the past 2 years and experience comfort until the the next outbreak. I never had itchy scalp before 2010 and all of a suddenly it started and I haven't been able to make it go away, I've only been able to relieve the symptoms from one wash to the other and only if I wash my hair about every 2 days.

I will update after one week and after 2 weeks to report my results and keep track of what I did exactly. I am very hopeful right now that this will work, so fingers crossed. :D

Cortizone experiment updates:
Cortizone experiment - 1st update
Cortizone experiment - 2nd update
Cortizone, cocoa butter and organic Neelibhringadi oil updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment