Monday, July 16, 2012

Hot coconut oil treatment.

I've been having a tough time going all natural in my hair care because I haven't been able to find a decent replacement for conditioner... until today!

Inspired by Ktani I tried a hot Coconut Oil .
Method:
(I skipped the clarifying first because I clarified my hair before starting shampoo bars and I have not noticed any build up from the shampoo bars)
- oiled my hair with coconut oil
- placed a Shower Cap over my head
- warmed it up with a blow drier on medium heat for a few minutes (about 5)
- washed my hair as normal (shampoo bar, followed by Apple Cider Vinegar rinse - one tea spoon of vinegar to one cup of water)

Results:
- my hair feels amazing, better than it has felt in about a year
- photos before and after:
Before (yesterday)

After (today)

It looks like:
- my waves are coming back (maybe they will be fully back after a few more treatments), 
- I see no frizz, 
- my hair looks much shinier, 
- my ends look well moisturized. 

All and all I'm very happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.