Inspired by Ktani I tried a hot Coconut Oil .
(I skipped the clarifying first because I clarified my hair before starting shampoo bars and I have not noticed any build up from the shampoo bars)
- oiled my hair with coconut oil
- placed a Shower Cap over my head
- warmed it up with a blow drier on medium heat for a few minutes (about 5)
- washed my hair as normal (shampoo bar, followed by Apple Cider Vinegar rinse - one tea spoon of vinegar to one cup of water)
- my hair feels amazing, better than it has felt in about a year
- photos before and after:
It looks like:
- my waves are coming back (maybe they will be fully back after a few more treatments),
- I see no frizz,
- my hair looks much shinier,
- my ends look well moisturized.
All and all I'm very happy with the results.