Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Turn shampoo bar into liquid shampoo.

Inspired by this article I decided to turn my shampoo into liquid for easier application. So far it's worked really well, I've been using it for a month or two now. I'm really excited about it because other liquid shampoos that I tried have never worked as well as CV's Ayurvedic Herb shampoo bars.

How to:
- grate shampoo bar
- use a mix that is half shampoo half water
- bring water (alone) to a boil
- add the shampoo shreds while the water is on the stove
- keep stirring until all the shampoo bar is melted
- let the mixture cool
- pour mixture into a clean and empty shampoo bottle
- use as regular shampoo, then follow up with an acidic rinse (I use Apple Cider Vinegar, one tea spoon of vinegar to one 8 oz cup of water)

I use a different water/solid shampoo proportion than the original article because I want my shampoo to be more concentrated, and I grated it differently than in the article. My grating looks like this:





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post! I want to try that soap by Chargin Valley too. (: How do you stop your liquid soap from becoming rancid over time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I make a little bit at a time, so I use it up before anything goes wrong.

      Delete

Testing out Sweet Almond Oil.

Apparently Sweet Almond Oil has great benefits : 1.  Gives Smooth, Flawless Skin 2.  Deep Cleansing Of Skin 3.  Removes Dark Circles &...