Thursday, May 9, 2013

The journey beyond BSL ...

So after reaching BSL last month I knew it was time for a trim. Honestly it was time for a trims a few months ago but I wanted to reach BSL so badly I postponed it. I'm not even sure if I can call what I did a trim to be honest, I basically dusted my ends (cutting so little that the hair which has been cut off looks like dust) repeatedly until they were even. So this past month I gained a total of 1/4th of an inch in length. Photos lie though (or so it seems) because my hair looks much longer to me. I'm over the moon with how long my hair is right now and at the same time I can't believe that is really my hair when I look at it.
Ok picture time, then I'll wrap this entry up.
Post trim


A more visible waist (I don't like how my hair looks in it though, its right before washing with some unintentional braid&bun waves).

I'm really happy with my hair right now. My routine is keeping my length and scalp happy, I am loving my length and thickness right now. And I am still growing out my henna. It's much easier to grow out henna (for me anyway) when my scalp is happy, because henna is a quick fix to an unhappy scalp. Since I've been very happy with my routine and recall loving the CO last time I did (for 6-8 months straight), I think I should just call it quits on the all natural hair wash method and just do what makes my hair and scalp happy. 

I've recently bought new Neeli, Vitamin E Oil , Coconut Oil and Castor Oil because my old ones went bad (except for the vitamin E oil that just ran out, I should and did buy smaller versions of the other ones), really I only have to shop for hair oils once a year. I had the toughest time finding the vitamin E oil and a new comb. I broke my last comb in my backpack because I did't use it and forgot about it. 

It was only difficult to find a comb, because I wanted one that is hair friendly (seamless, wide-toothed, non-plastic) WITH a handle. Almost all the hair combs I found had no handle. And the ones that did have a handle were mostly made of wood, my hair hates wooden toys/combs, it breaks at the very sight of it lol (wood is not slippery enough for me). At one point I gave up and decided to look for a goody (brand) plastic one because they are actually seamless and none of the stores around where I lived sold ANY of them, even their website has a very small selection out of which none have one row of teeth and a handle. At last I did find a good one online.

This is my new comb: 

I bought it from amazon and let me tell you: it is HUGE, I was not expecting what I got lol. When they say 9" x 3.5" they are not joking, this is the real deal. I love it, though it was a bit of a challenge to get used to its size. I was surprised to see that for the first couple of times it was actually a bit difficult to comb my hair. I guess finger combing did not take out all the tangles, so I started using a comb on a regular again (once every two-three days). The comb story had a happy ending lol.

That's all for now. Happy May everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adelina! I've been following your blog for the past several months, and I must say, thank you so much for posting so much useful information!
    It has inspired me to take better care of my hair, and to try new things. Now my hair is reaching new lengths. ^-^
    I'm very glad that things have been going well for your hair too, and I hope you keep posting about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say! Thank you for this comment. I'm very happy I was able to help. :)
      I will definitely keep posting.

      Delete