Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Henna progress, fairy knots and length for June 2013.

The last photos I took of my hair it looked like I was at waist, but this is not the case, it was just a bad angle (I wasn't the one taking the photo). I did manage to take a photo this month so I have an accurate representation of my length. Unfortunately my camera is very good at picking up red colors and I have an orange demarcation line between my own color and the henna. Also I just clarified and chelated my hair today so it's all frizzy and traumatized. In other words the photo is not very flattering lol.


I also took photos of my two toned hair to see how much of my own color has grown in. I've been afraid to do this because I thought I'd see it then just henna my hair to even it out. In these photos my hair does not look as frizzy as the length one, I have no clue why.



In other news I got my first fairy knots, two of them, a few days ago. I cut them out individually so 2 of my hair strands are now 2 inches shorter. I took a photo of one of them. It was not easy to do this since it's so small.


I have seen these before among types of split ends. I think fairies came and made knots in my hair to mess with me, because they were feeling mischievous. I can't imagine how one single hair strand can form this knot to be fully honest. Especially since my hair is very slippery and I never actually see split ends. *shrug*

Here are some photos of knots under a microscope: Hair under the microscope : Hair Ends, Damage and Knots
Possible causes: What causes fairy knots?

Have a great June! :)

2 comments:

  1. How interesting...I've never heard of Fairy Knots until today! What a curious phenomenon; other than that the Henna looks really good - you should also do a post on your chelating experience and how you went about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henna is a great way to color hair, I recommend it to anyone who wants to go permanently red.
      I did do an entry on chelating (http://adelinahair.blogspot.com/2012/05/bring-my-hair-back-to-life-treatment.html) my mistake this time around was to skip the coconut oil on the length before washing my hair. I've been experimenting with that and I have to say it didn't give me good results. Pre-wash oiling has worked very well for me in the past and I should have just continued it. I have no one to blame but myself for the frizz.
      Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions. :)

      Delete