Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July update.

Right on time, about 8 months after doing my last henna I caved in again. I hennaed my hair last week. I think I'm now past trying to explain it to myself, que sera, sera.
I recently ordered some Rajasthani Twilight henna form mehandi.com. I got a kilo of it for a family member who lets me henna her hair. Of course she lives hours away and one day I got tempted and used it myself. 
This is my length photo, taken today.


The reason my hair is a bit wavy/curly at the ends is because I kept it in a bun all day. I tried to take a photo this morning but it was still wet and not accurate in length.
I've been using Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition to wash my hair. This is weird because I haven't used silicones in a long long time. But it works fine and I didn't get a noticeable build-up from it. I did get an oil build-up and I have hard water, so I washed my hair with Joico K-PAK today. You may notice my hair isn't as traumatised as it was in my last entry, even though I took that photo after using the same shampoo. This time I only shampooed once, instead of twice, so my hair came out alright. I love the feeling it has to it after I clarify & chelate.
My hair doesn't seem to be gaining much length. I have been mostly ignoring it. I'm ok with gaining length slowly and putting minimal effort into hair care. I really do feel like it's a journey rather than a race right now. I'm probably repeating myself here, but it's true. I'm not in a rush, I'm just enjoying my hair as is.
I'm thinking about redoing my up-do photos as soon as I reach waist length because I want to see how my braids and buns actually look these days. That will be challenging considering that I lost the cable that connects my camera to my computer. It is difficult to transfer photos now. Anywho, I hope you are all having a wonderful start to summer (or winter if you're in the southern hemisphere).

No comments:

Post a Comment