Friday, July 15, 2016

First Neeli oil in years.

I finally washed my hair and I got my chance to use Neeli oil. It has been so long. My shedding was reduced during washing, however the hair I lost during the application of Neeli oil (scalp massage) was greater than when I was using extra virgin coconut oil. All and all it evened out I guess.
From what I remember Neeli oil takes a while to start acting, I believe it was up to 6 months. Since my old hair journal from when I first started using this oil no longer exists (the website shut down) I can't go back and check how long it took the first time around, but from what I remember it was about a month.
Neeli oil has indigo in it so I don't think my allergic reaction to lush caca brun was from that. In fact I have never had that reaction from henna or from cocoa butter, so it must be one of the other ingredients that I'm allergic to. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do with all that caca brun, sigh.
I think the thing I like most at the moment is that for the second time I managed not to comb my hair while wet. This is super difficult for me. I also skipped conditioner again this time, so far so good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adelina,
    I was wondering how your results with Neeli oil are? Did it increase initial shedding? Do you see less shedding and more growth now?

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it always decreases my shedding. Results may vary though, there is a forum conversation about it that would reply to any and all questions http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34344

      Delete

I broke the rule.

So like the first rule I read on LHC  was that if you are going to try new things you should try them one at a time, wait 2 weeks before add...