Thursday, August 11, 2016

Shampoo bars again.

I finally finished my redken shampoo bottle today and my hair is still doing great without conditioner so I took all the redken products out of the bathroom and replaced the shampoo with a CV Neem shampoo bar. I'm very excited to try this one and it's been so long since I used shampoo bars. The last time around my pre-wash oil wasn't being removed completely but I plan to be more through this time around when applying the shampoo.

This is what my routine is going to look like starting with my next wash:
- pre-wash oiling with extra virgin coconut oil
- washing with CV neem shampoo bar
- rinsing with lemon rinse (a half a tea spoon of lemon juice to a glass of water, very important measurement because lemon can damage and bleach hair)
- post wash:  - nothing if I plan to wear it up, or maybe a bit of coconut oil on the ends
                     - Kimberlily's defrizz spray if I wear it down
                     - clear aloe vera gel if I have flyaways

I feel like I'm back on track with natural hair care.

No comments:

Post a Comment