I finally finished my redken shampoo bottle today and my hair is still doing great without conditioner so I took all the redken products out of the bathroom and replaced the shampoo with a CV Neem shampoo bar. I'm very excited to try this one and it's been so long since I used shampoo bars. The last time around my pre-wash oil wasn't being removed completely but I plan to be more through this time around when applying the shampoo.
This is what my routine is going to look like starting with my next wash:
- pre-wash oiling with extra virgin coconut oil
- washing with CV neem shampoo bar
- rinsing with lemon rinse (a half a tea spoon of lemon juice to a glass of water, very important measurement because lemon can damage and bleach hair)
- post wash: - nothing if I plan to wear it up, or maybe a bit of coconut oil on the ends
- Kimberlily's defrizz spray if I wear it down
- clear aloe vera gel if I have flyaways
I feel like I'm back on track with natural hair care.
Spring is in the air and I love the ever warming weather. Happy times. I should have reached APL a few months ago but I trimmed my hair twi...
I have already covered some information on these 3 plants in my other entry ( Minimize chemical dye damage and alternatives. ) but I wanted ...
Most of the following information is from here: Do oils moisturize? Only water adds moisture to the hair, BUT oils can seal water in the ...
There are two types of build-up: on top of the hair and inside the hair. It is important to know anything that touches your hair can cause b...