Thursday, August 4, 2016

Trim, cassia and protein.

So yesterday was a very eventful day for my hair. I love using my days off to pamper, it's like a calming way to de-stress and give myself some love. Anyway, this is what I did yesterday: trimmed my hair, did a cassia treatment, and did a protein treatment.
Since I figured out that my hair is fine, I realized I need to start regular trims. I have been so happy about it. I feel better about my hair after a trim and since I'm micro-trimming I don't feel bad about losing any length.
I've been going back and forth about whether or not I should trim my layers. This time I trimmed them and I have to say they are kind of uneven at the very ends. The racers are causing mini fairy-tale ends, so I couldn't help myself from trimming. I'm sure that will be the case as my hair grows. My best option would be to just trim twice as much from the longest layer as I do the others and maybe skip trimming the layers a few months at a time. This way I can keep growing my length and slowly get rid of layers... maybe... I'm not sure I want them fully gone yet, but this plan will give me time to find out what I want.
The cassia treatment was overdue. I can always tell when it's time because my hair gets all oily or extra tangly. I added a bit more amla this time and it made the paste more slippery and easier to apply.
I followed up the cassia with a cholesterol treatment. I really like how my hair feels after using it, but I'm afraid of protein overload (which I experienced before and its horrible). This is why I decided to do a protein treatment about once a month, just like the cassia treatment and the trim. I think doing them all on the same day makes it easier to keep track.
After much consideration I bought some manic panic raven black hair dye. I was considering going to a professional but I haven't found one that uses something without peroxide or ammonia, which is what my old hair dresser used. Manic panic is plant based and doesn't have peroxide or amonia, it washes out of my hair completely without leaving any changes to my hair once it's gone, it is also way cheaper than going to a salon to get it colored. It probably won't make a huge difference in the photos but I see a huge difference in the mirror because the hair around my face is light.
I've been considering maintaining length at hip, once I reach it. This is partly because I think hip might be my ideal final length and also because I may need time to get used to actually long hair again after so many years of short hair. I've experienced should length hair while I mostly rocked the pixie, and since I've been growing out I experienced APL-BSL length, now maybe I could spend some time in the waist-hip area.
I think that after a while I could be ready for longer than hip hair, but I fear that if I just jump into it I will freak out and end up chopping again. My ultimate goal is still at least classic, but I don't want to rush into it.

1 comment:

  1. Adelina, I will support you to reach classic length!!

    ReplyDelete

I broke the rule.

So like the first rule I read on LHC  was that if you are going to try new things you should try them one at a time, wait 2 weeks before add...