Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Uncomfortable scalp

For the past 2 months or so my scalp has been very uncomfortable. I used the t-gel shampoo like normal and while using it everything is ok, but as soon as I go back to the sulfate-free regular shampoo everything is bad again.
I remembered that the BBB brush really helps exfoliate my scalp and that I used to scritch my scalp in the past too, in order to keep the build-up off it. I don't know how I forgot but I did and it took me this long to remember (months). I need to use the BBB brush before every wash, not every day because it makes my scalp very greasy. It really does make a big difference. Not only does my scalp stay flake free, but it is comfortable and doesn't hurt from updos. I need the massage and exfoliation is gives me in order to keep my scalp happy.
It has been so long since the last time I used a BBB that I felt the need to follow it up with a clarifying shampoo wash to truly remove all the build-up. I feel silly to have forgotten how much this helps. Not to mention that I do it with my scalp upside-down while bent at the waist so the blood flow is increased to the area and stimulates growth. I did 100 strokes which is the Dr. George Michael recommended amount.
I don't believe I could do this on a daily basis like I used to, because my scalp always looks greasy from it. But I can do it before every wash, before applying the oils. Note to self: use BBB before every wash.
But today I did more than just use the BBB. First I did 100 strokes of BBB, then I oiled my hair like normal with coconut oil on the length and Neeli oil on the scalp, let it sit for an hour, then washed my scalp very thoroughly with Suave daily clarifying shampoo twice, I massaged the shampoo so much that my finger pads started hurting half way through the first application, after that was done I applied Suave Ocean Breeze conditioner.
My scalp still feels a bit raw right now and it's almost done air drying. I think I managed to remove all the build-up. I may have gone a bit overboard, but I didn't shed a lot of hair. The BBB got rid of all the hair that was going to fall out so I didn't loose much during the wash. I just really needed to feel like my scalp could be ok again, I've been itchy and uncomfortable for months, it was hell.
I bought a new BBB because my husband kind of stole my old one, his was too soft and he wanted mine. What a nice excuse to buy a new brush lol. I also bought a new clarifying shampoo but it won't get here for another week and my scalp couldn't wait, that's why I bought and used suave, it's a cheap and effective alternative. And I've been wanting to change up my products from redken. I've been using redken for years and I need a change. I also bought a new 'daily' shampoo to replace the redken, it is coconut water ogx. And I'm considering trying some cones maybe, so I got Garnier Hair Care Fructis Sleek and Shine Zero Conditioner.
All and all I have a bunch of new hair stuff to use. If the Ogx shampoo doesn't work out I have the old black soap that works well for my scalp and for removing the oil from my hair, so that's always an option. I just really hope the Ogx works because it smells nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I broke the rule.

So like the first rule I read on LHC  was that if you are going to try new things you should try them one at a time, wait 2 weeks before add...